Job Posting for Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of The Utilities Board of the City of Cullman-two divisions: Electric Division and Water Division. The Utilities Board has served the citizens of Cullman Alabama for 70 years. The Utilities Board is governed by a five-member Board of Directors appointed by the City Council: appointed Directors serve six-year terms or four-year terms for elected officials.
This position manages the operation of the electrical distribution system and the water filtration plant.
· The Electric Division dba/ Cullman Power Board has 8,800 customers, 78%being residentials in the city of Cullman with annual revenues around $30million and Gross Electric Plant of almost $53 million. The Electric Division is regulated by The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA).
· The Water Division: The Water Plant and two reservoirs currently generate 11 million gallons of potable water per day for one hundred thousand citizens. The Water Division is regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency(EPA) and Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM) to ensure excellent water quality.
The ideal candidate is expected to have at least five years of electric utility experience in executive-level leadership & management and some knowledge of the water treatment process. Must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in engineering or finance and business.
Experience must include knowledge of the principles and practices of utility management with knowledge of finance and accounting (FERC), engineering, customer rates, operating costs and purchased power and understand and support the regulatory position of the utility.
The CEO is expected to provide strong professional leadership skills and unquestionable ethical values and also direct all activities throughout the entire organization while maintaining a high level of integrity, trust and credibility. The CEO should realize the importance of safety and reliability and maintain cost effective operations and continuous improvements and maintenance of utility plant infrastructure for future years. The CEO is responsible for operating the utilities in a sound financial manner ensuring bond covenants are met.
The CEO will lead a current workforce of 49 employees while focusing on employee development, skills enhancement with effective training, industry accreditations and high levels of achievement.
The total compensation package is competitive with other utilities in the surrounding area and will be dependent upon experience and qualifications. The Board offers an excellent benefits package that includes participation in the Alabama Retirement System as well as health insurance and other benefits.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 2, 2021.
- Your Name & Contact information
- The job you are applying for
- Your Cover Letter and Resume with Salary Expectations