The Utilities Board of the City of Cullman, Alabama was incorporated as a public corporation under the provisions of Section 394 to 402, inclusive of Title 37 of the Code of Alabama, as amended, and Act No. 175 adopted at the 1951 regular Sessions of the Legislature of Alabama.
It operated the Water Works Systems of the City of Cullman, Alabama and on October 16, 1951, assumed the operations and control of the Electric Department with 2,947 customers. Today the utility serves over 8,700 customers. The Utilities Board owns and operates the electric distribution systems and purchases electric energy from the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) for distribution to its customers.
The Cullman Power Board remains dedicated to providing power service to the citizens of the City of Cullman in the most reliable, economic, customer-oriented and safe manner as possible.